27 July 2009

SWT Handles giving you nightmares?

So I've been struggling with SWT Handle errors when launching Notes from Eclipse. Seems to be just my machine.

At first I thought the culprit was the MySQL Server running in the background and chomping 42k+ handles

Disabled the MySQL service and things worked for a while, but then the SWT handle errors returned and no matter what I did to the run configuration, I'd end up with either the handle error or a GPF

I was about to reinstal the accursed OS, when I got a chance to swap out the memory and that's worked, for now.

Putting MySQL server back in the mix still kills it, although that might be because I've dropped to 3Gig of memory.

Need to test the memory. Edit - It was the memory!

So in short, SWT handle errors seem to be a wee bit broad and pretty useless error message, so bear that in mind and check for other funky monkeys under the hood.

No comments: