26 February 2007

Peer pressure

Well, what can I say, Nathan and Adeleida have been on my case about starting a blog, so I finally gave in.

Nathan getting his blog back into the mainstream and showing off some sterling stuff certainly did add impetus. I had watched how easy it was to let your blog get stale, and wasn't sure that I could even come close to Ed's level of commitment. Then there's always the self-conscious concern of "is my life interesting enough".

Fortunately, as I find the pieces of my life slowly fitting back together, I'm managing to get round to stuff, interesting stuff. So blogging is just one of those things and only time will tell if I'm interesting or not.

Update:
I should point out, that there is a selfish driver at work here too. It was at the IBM Top Gun course recently, that I joked with Mo (another ex-Loti, now IBM SA Software Marketing Manager), that I wouldn't mind a job in marketing, I needed to improve my golf game a bit. A bit cheeky, but we're both rather irreverent.

It was only the week after, once all the buzz of trying to cram too much into your head too quickly had passed, that I realized I had been really cheeky. Although I'm confident I could do the job, I didn't have the credentials, zip, nada, I wasn't even marketing myself! So this, in a way, is an attempt at improving my handicap.

Another Update:
Just my luck... as I start blogging, it becomes unfashionable. In a way I actually prefer this, a better signal to noise ratio, and I'm not following the flock. May the muttering millions grow weary of putting crap on the web.

I will of course endeavor to place content of value to the communities I participate in.

4 comments:

Nate said...

Congratulations on joining the revolution!!!

Or something like that. :-)

Good to see you.

Anonymous said...

It BLOGS!

Welcome to the world... hope you can keep us entertained!

Adi said...

You made it! At last! Uhm...where's your secret stash of superhuman code???

CMac said...

See today's post for excuse for delay in SOA and Superhuman code trinkets.

My current mind has more in common with (a line in) Alice's Restaurant than anything technical.

Hint: It's a 4 letter word repeated and stretched out in a shrill voice.